Major Cloud Solutions Specialists
XOR created a customized web application product for our client to remove dependency on a high-cost third-party product that had technical limitations. All the business rules that had been written on the 3rd party tool for over 20 years were re-written within a short span of 18 months.
Team: 15 Members
Time: July 2020 – Jan 2022
Platform: Web Application Development
Country: The United States of America
Services: Product Development on a Fixed Time / Fixed Cost Basis
The client is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Durham, North Carolina that specialises in cloud communications and workstream collaboration solutions. Client solutions power more than 90% of Fortune 100 organizations, along with:
- 19 of the world’s top 20 major banks
- The top 10 insurance companies
- The world’s top 10 car manufacturers
- More than 4,800 educational institutions worldwide
- 80% of the world’s largest hotels and motels
- 8 of the world’s 10 leading health services companies
- More than 5,800 healthcare institutions around the world
The client leveraged a proprietary online third-party tool to accumulate and write business rules. The tool was being used for the past 20 years maintaining a humungous database which was written in a specific format/language. The client was facing a challenge with the tool being highly expensive and offered very limited support to the client resulting in full dependency. With the increasing charges annually, the tool was getting out of the pocket which had to be changed, but the client wasn’t sure how. The client required a personalised bespoke tool that not only rendered a simple user interface and eBay to understand features but also accommodate years of business rulebook or database stored in the third party tool.
The client will require a tool that offered flexibility, scalability, and enough storage space to accommodate 20 years’ worth of databases to eliminate the dependency on third-party tools. This required a software development team and project manager to properly define the goals and offer the project an agile working approach to ensure the client was kept updated during the entire project handling.
Keeping the hypothesis in mind, we leveraged our IT Staf Augmentation services to hire a separate dedicated team for the project encompassing 10-15 software developers and a project manager.
- The software developers commenced the project by comprehending the requirement of the client and the third-party tool format/language that is being utilised to write business rules.
- The team designed and built a separate tool for the client that catered to their specific requirement, i.e., database storage space, flexibility and scalability for future business requirements.
- The developers gingerly ported the entire business rulebook from the third-party tool to the newly designed tool without impacting the existing production environment in a phased manner.
- The new software leveraged generic language or format to write business rules making it simpler for the client to understand the format and update it with time.
Our Solution & Procedure
The newly dedicated software allowed the client to eliminate an external cost that they were investing in the third-party tool. This aided the client to increase the profit of the business, not to mention, it eliminated the dependency of the business to write a business rulebook annually. The new bespoke software engine design resolved the memory limitation users faced while crafting large disciplines. Moreover, the tool renders scalability enabling it to grow automatically with time ensuring the client can have access to dynamic features with the growing demand.