Global B2B Software Solution Partner
The client was facing challenges in finding the right technical resources for their product development team so that they could complete their development work quickly. XOR provided them with well-equipped and skilled resources, which not only helped them complete their development work well within the time limit but also helped them to set up the systems and processes in place.
Team: 16 Members
Time: Year 2015 – Till Present [Multiple Releases done. Managing complete support.]
Platform: Windows and Web Both
Industry: Database Tools, Developer Tools, and Test Management Tools
Country: US, UK and India
Services: Product Development on a Fixed Time / Fixed Cost Basis
The Client is the parent company of global B2B software productivity brands whose solutions enable technical users to do more with less, faster. Their brands span three divisions – Database Tools, Developer Tools, and Test Management Tools – with products that are evangelised by millions of community members and more than 50,000 customers worldwide, including some of the world’s largest healthcare, financial services, retail, and technology companies. It is headquartered in Houston, Texas and has offices in Australia, Austria, and the United Kingdom.
Our client was facing challenges in finding the right technical resources for their product development team so that they could complete their development work quickly.
The client had three different products on which they required special attention and a dedicated team to work in order to get rid of bugs and errors as well as introduce new features to their customers. The products are as followed:-
- SQLCM: Idera SQL Compliance Manager protects those assets and your peace of mind with robust alerting features and audit reporting tools. What’s more, SQL Compliance Manager helps you address your industry’s tough regulatory compliance requirements with confidence, and ensure your SQL Server is HIPAA-compliant, GDPR-compliant, and more.
- SQLEJM: SQL Enterprise Job Manager monitors and manages SQL Server agent jobs and Windows tasks. The familiar calendar layout makes it easy to view status, manage details, and review history for any job or instance in your environment.
- SQLDM: SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server provides robust SQL Server monitoring functionality that covers the performance of the entire SQL Server environment and provides the most comprehensive diagnostics on the market.
Xorlabs will be allotting a software development team for a particular period of time required for the completion of the projects. These dedicated resources will work specifically on the client’s product development project ensuring rapid completion of the project.
- Provided end-to-end services ranging from design to testing of the developed product.
- Technical skills offered were C#, REST APIs, Microsoft SQL Server, Dot Net Core, and Windows Form Applications.
- Mastered the business domain quickly within a limited time period.
- Set up Agile Methodology across all of their projects.
- Worked on both Manual as well as Automated Testing.
- Helped in setting up:
- New build setup for releases.
- Branch Management
- Pull Request Management
- Code Conflict Resolutions
- Perform comprehensive auditing of SQL Server data changes and database events, including trace events, extended events, and audit logs.
- Apply the right SQL Server auditing settings to your servers and databases for PCI DSS, DISA STIG, NERC, CIS, FERPA, SOX, GDPR, and HIPAA regulations.
- Reduce data collection, transmission, and storage overhead with powerful filtering capabilities that enable you to collect only the data that is important for audit and compliance.
- Quickly compare your customised or modified audit configuration against the regulation guidelines to verify that your settings are compliant.
- Define and apply default configuration settings at the server or database level, view any differences from default settings, and add new databases to the auditing list automatically.
Our Solution & Procedure
Our team of 16 software developers and a project manager understood the project, the product and the requirement mentioned by the client. The project manager crafted a product development plan with agile methodology in mind. Over the period of 3-4 years, our different resource teams worked on 3 different projects for the client offering them scalable and flexible products with dynamic features. The client is able to serve their customers with an automatic software update and easy-to-understand features without having to tackle bugs and errors.